Update to Version v2.9.2 (Progressive-updated 10th May 2020)
- Project internal architecture:
project architecture modifications (not quite noticeable to the user,
however it sets the foundations for the upcoming updates).
- Physics/Flight dynamics:
- XC-47C Floats variant tuneup for water operations (to fall in line with X-Plane 11.40 changes to the experimental flight model).
50 Autopilot tuneups to reduce oscillations (to minimum. The autopilot
is still built on-top of the Sperry old school autopilot, which is the
core of the autopilot system).
- Lighting Systems:
instruments lighting was re-wired - the instruments are now having more
light during day-time as well (when the cockpit is in the shade,
without direct sunlight).
- Active aviation flash-light was added.
The flash light is automatically switched on when cold and dark.
Switching it on and off can be done by clicking on the aviation
flashlight which is located on the left cockpit wall.
- Cockpit light-bulbs elements and lighting were replaced to newer ones:
- Fire detectors L/R (front panel).
- Superchargers lights (left cockpit wall).
- Brakes, Tailwheel-lock and Tailwheel Expert mode lights (front panel).
- Voltmeter light (overhead panel).
- Recognition light (overhead panel).
duct/vent lines are now visible only in cargo configuration
(passenger/cargo configuration can be toggled by clicking on the rack
behind the cockpit, right-hand-side.
- Cockpit textures enhancements (cockpit interior cover, front panel).
- Pedals re-modeled.
- Pedals differential braking animation were added.
wipers motor was modeled and added. Wipers activation handle was
shifted from the front panel (right side to the flaps indicator) to the
upper front panel (dual operation handles - each side controls both
wipers at the present).
- Overhead switches manipulators were changed to 'hand' (instead of up/down arrows).
- Windshield wipers activation was shifted to the upper front panel, along with the new wipers system motor.
Update to Version v2.9.05 (Progressive-updated 2st Dec 2019)
- 3D modeling:
- Fuselage dome was modeled and added,
- All-around pitot tubes, antennas and wires remodeled/added.
- Engines remodeled and replaced.
Update to Version v2.9.x4 (Progressive-updated 1st Dec 2019)
Update to Version v2.9.x3 (Progressive-started 28th Nov 2019)
- Anti-icing De-icing systems overhaul:
- Carburetor inlet de-icing system - set and working for both engines.
- De-icing fluid was added (12L tank).
- Propeller De-icing system was replaced to fluid-based system as in the real C-47.
- De-icing fluid is now indicated by the de-icing pressure indicator.
- Carburetor Air temperature gauge is now set and working.
- 3D Modeling, PBR...
- Cockpit PBR works continues (still progressive).
- Yokes winded grip strings were added to both yokes.
- Cockpit instrumentation:
- Turn & Slip indicator was installed in co-pilot side.
- Instruments overall brightness increased.
Update to Version v2.8.02 (24th June 2019)
- Flight Dynamics:
project is now a X-Plane 11.40 Experimental flight model. Make sure
that the experimental flight model is enabled, and reload the aircraft
if needed (tuneup is still progressive).
- Engine throttle abrupt operation is damaging the engine - it was tuned and now it is less sensitive.
- Anti-icing De-icing systems:
- Wing de-icing boots was tuned and now is working properly for both wings.
- Propeller de-icing system was tuned and now is working properly for both propellers.
- Carburetor de-icing system will be added soon...
- VR interaction refinements:
- Click zones are now visible for the radios, and separated for easy tuning.
- All radios frequency knobs (COM/NAV/ADF/Transponder) - sensitivity adjustments for VR controllers (much more fine control).
- Autopilot pitch and roll knobs - sensitivity adjustments for VR controllers (much more fine control).
- Autopilot pitch and roll knobs are animated to give better feedback when rotating.
Version v2.8.01 (30th April 2019)
This is update only for XP11
The VSKYLABS C-47 Skytrain Flying Lab Project V2.8.01 - Features list:
Modified and optimized internal structure.
Mapping update with additional textures for new elements and improved existing ones.
Default livery added: "That's All, Brother" 3X-292847.
Cockpit night lighting rework.
Internal cabin structure modified to allow future hosting of C-47 interior elements (internal walls/space division/arrangement were made, including the removal of the front seats raw).
Landing gears structure repaint, remapped.
Engine Radiators grills textures refined.
Engine Exhausts remodeled.
Cockpit panel refinements.
Engines physical location re-set (visual, flight model).
Clock/timer gauge seconds-needle texture fixed.
FPS optimization (flying in clouds).
Internal/external PBR maps were added.
Oxygen masks were added - two W2Ah13d-Leather flight helmets with Type A14 oxygen masks, each one located on each pilot seat arm.
Supercharges control panel was added.
Oxygen pressure and flow indicators were added.
Complete overhaul to fall in line with the latest XP11.30+ (non experimental).
Engines physical location fine tuned (shifted aft couple of feet).
Two-speed Superchargers system was added to increase power and allow high altitude flight.
Engines performance tune-up, max. HP in takeoff, cruise updated.
Engines exhaust and smoke - reconfigured.
Systems - additional:
Engines fire warning system was added.
Engines fire extinguisher system was added (floor hatch can be opened and operated).
Oxygen system was added, along with authentic regulator (incorporating 'normal'/'100%' supply), and pressure and flow indicators.
Engines two-speed superchargers system - lo/hi-blowers.
Advanced damage simulation:
Engines spool-up sensitivity algorithm was added (the C-47 is not a fighter jet....spool up the engine gradually when it is in low-rpm to avoid severe engine fire).
Cockpit smoke in case of engine fire was added.
Engine fire, cockpit smoke and cockpit windows ventilation are interconnected.
Oxygen breathing when using the oxygen masks.
Fire detection system bell was added.
Existing systems - refinements - enhancements:
Dual portable GPS are normally folded now.
Fuel tank selectors are now initially OFF in 'cold and dark', and L/R accordingly in 'engine running'
Hidden Yokes are now *hidden* to interaction as well (bug fix).
'Hide-Yoke' feature was added to right seat position as well (same spot on the floor in front of the right seat, as it is in the left seat).
Autopilot sensitivity tuneup (50% more accurate for both aileron and pitch axis).
Autopilot manipulators are larger for more comfortable access (mouse and VR).
Passenger seats objects are now having _LIT attribute, and basic _LIT textures for the seats were added.