New: X-Plane 12 Version available at no extra cost! (XP11 version still included)
The Douglas DC-3/C-47 is a fixed-wing propeller-driven airliner. Its great performance - range of approximately 1500 miles and speed of above 200 Miles per Hour, revolutionized air transportation in the 1930's and 1940's. It is a twin-engine all-metal monoplane, capable of operating from short runways at remote places.
It was able to cross the United States, and made transcontinental flights and worldwide flights possible. These characteristics of the DC-3/C-47 are very fascinating, and were one of the triggers to come up with the idea of creating the VSKYLABS C-47 Skytrain FLP (Flying Lab Project) for X-Plane.\
- Project is 'VR Ready' for use with X-Plane: VR functionality is a part of the project aspects which are constantly under evaluation and development for reaching a higher level of immersion as the VR features and possibilities are growing.
- Highly Realistic Handling and Flight Performance DC-3/C-47 Simulation: Highly accurate performance and handling simulation of the DC-3/C-47, along with a full set of traditional/old school navigation and autopilot systems. Aircraft performance and handling qualities were designed and tested in a "Research level" approach and went through a validation process of hundreds of flight testing and evaluation, tested and refined by a real-world C-47 pilot.
- Workhorse for DC-3/C-47 pilot skills: Experience authentic flight performance and handling practices (takeoff, landing, single engine operations, flight planning, long range flights and old school navigation). It is a perfect platform to recreate and fly historic routes using authentic performance.
- Unique look and feel: There is nothing to hide - the VSKYLABS DC-3/C-47 is a mixture of a simplified yet very engaging design.
- Two C-47 variants included: The C-47 and the XC-47C floats-equipped variants.
- Systems: All the relevant systems are being simulated. Here are **some** of the more unique systems:
- Two speed Supercharger blowers - based on the PW-1830-90C engines model, equipped with lo/hi blowers. The high blower configuration allows high altitude cruise.
- Oxygen system - including crew dilution/regulator, pressure indicator and functional flow-indicator ("Blinker"). Do not forget to enable hypoxia in X-Plane's general settings menu.
- Fire Extinguisher system - including fire indication system. The fire extinguisher control panel is located behind the hinged cover on the cockpit floor, between the pilot/co-pilot seats.
- Damage simulation - engines are sensitive to rapid spool-up. Engine mishandling will result in severe damage to the engine/engine fire. Stressing the airframe will result also in severe damage, following a visual representation of the damages. Blown tires are also being visualized and simulated.
- Engines/propeller systems - designed with fully featured, functioning and authentic propeller feathering systems, for highly realistic single engine simulation.
- Landing gears and flaps simulation - are being simulated with a high level of authenticity.
- Sperry Autopilot - Old school autopilot is configured.
- Optional modern avionics - dual GNS 530, S-TEC autopilot, AviTab compatibility.
- Anti-Icing/De-Ice systems - including icing and rain visualization.
- Skis - Animated, incorporated in the flight dynamics model.
- Passengers/cargo configurations.
- Comprehensive FMOD sounds.
- STMA Auto-updater plugin included.
- AviTab plugin compatibility included (AviTab plugin not included).
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support system (including C-47/DC-3 operational knowledge and support/assistance).