High Definition realization of Testor's 80's F-19 Stealth Fighter concept aircraft.
The development of the VSKYLABS F-19 for X-Plane flight simulator was approved by Testors/ITALERI S.p.A. However, it is an independent VSKYLABS development effort which is not endorsed and/or affiliated with/by Testors/ITALERI S.p.A.
The VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot': F-19 Stealth Fighter Project is an Educational/Research based development effort that "brings to life" and realizes the hypothetical 80's Testor's F-19 concept in the most advanced flight simulation environment up to date: X-Plane 12 by Laminar Research.
The simulated VSKYLABS F-19 it is not an 'arcade' aircraft...nor a 'generic jet fighter' that only looks like the F-19 externally; Extensive, professional real-world experience and knowledge of jet-fighters design, systems, performance, handling and operation were involved in the making of the VSKYLABS F-19. The result uncovers a scientific, graceful, powerful aircraft that holds a few weaknesses as well...just like any other *real* jet fighter, what makes flying a true-to-life and fascinating experience, especially when exploring the flight envelope and its performance characteristics.
From a *Realism* perspective, flying the VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot': F-19 in X-Plane 12 (including systems operations, various weight and payload configurations, takeoffs, landings, handling throughout the altitude, speed and maneuverability range) will contribute to one's real-pilot-skills and knowledge base. It is NOT an arcade aircraft simulation.
Following thorough analysis made by experienced/professional pilots with deep relevant background, the VSKYLABS F-19 was designed from scratch and was engineered as close as possible to an actual, plausible jet-fighter aircraft. The 80's concept did include some general specifications, however the hypothetical aircraft was never fully realized with the use of high fidelity or levels of comprehensive propulsion, control and stability, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatic, aerodynamics, avionics and all the required mission related/peripheral systems that forms together a plausible jet-fighter aircraft simulation.
During the long development and test flights process, several important insights resulted with several modifications to the basic hypothetical 80's concept, and with the implementation of additional systems, the VSKYLABS F-19 became a highly detailed, probable/plausible aircraft simulation.
VSKYLABS F-19 Stealth Fighter Specifications:
Country of Origin: USA.
Type: Single-seat shipboard and shore-based strike stealth aircraft.
Power Plant: Two 11,000 lb st dry and 17,700 lbs st afterburner General Electric F404-GE-100A turbofans.
Dimensions: Span, 31 ft 5.4 in; length, 62 ft 3 in; height, 12 ft, 10 in.
Performance: (F404-GE-100A) Max speed 750 mph, or Mach 0.99 at sea level ; 655 mph, or Mach 0.99 at 38,000 feet; Max speed Mach 1.2; Service ceiling, 53,000 ft; ferry range (with full internal fuel load, cruise at 28,000 ft, Mach 0.85), 1400 miles. Combat radius (air-to-ground low altitude mission), 550 miles (non-afterburner).
Weights: Operational empty, 24,000 lbs; Maximum internal fuel, 14,000 lbs; Max takeoff, 41,300 lbs.
Armament: Three internal weapon bays designed specifically to carry two AIM-9X Sidewinder AAMs and a single AGM-158A JASSM low observable standoff air-launched cruise missile. Overall weapon bays carry-weight, 190 lbs*2 + 2150 lbs (max 2600 lbs.).
Project Highlights (Early Access Version):
- Early access version! A new aircraft for X-Plane v12.00 beta.
- Advanced concept aircraft simulation, including detailed, fully functional 3-d cockpit environment with realistic, working systems.
- Extensive, professional real-world experience and knowledge of jet-fighters design, systems, performance, handling and operation were involved in the making of the VSKYLABS F-19.
- Designed for X-Plane 12 cutting edge flight model environment and presents superb flight dynamics with presumably authentic performance and flight handling characteristics for the hypothetical F-19 aircraft.
- Developed for VR: Development was tailored specifically for VR, and optimized for 2D usage.
- Engineered and designed as a genuine, default X-Plane 12 aircraft. The VSKYLABS projects are practically show-casing X-Plane, as they are stretching X-Plane default features, systems and flight model to its limits without any dependencies on complementary plugins or software...delivering a very robust simulation model, having maximum compatibility with the ever evolving X-Plane flight simulator.
- Comprehensive FMOD sounds for 'As Real As It Gets' experience!
- Perfect challenge for beginner and expert pilots: Provides a very wide flight envelope with comfortable control from ~140 knots to Mach 1.1.
- Autoupdater based on the SkunkCrafts autoupdater - all updates are being pushed smoothly without the need to re-download the entire base package (base package will be updated every once in a while to minimize the gap).
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums: VSKYLABS offers continuous professional support, from all aircraft related aspects (operating and flying) to X-Plane technical support.
- The project is under constant maintenance and development.
**EARLY ACCESS VERSION, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMER**:
The VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot': F-19 Stealth Fighter product has gone through the entire development cycle alongside X-Plane 12.00 early development. The VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot': F-19 Stealth Fighter product is still under constant development to allow close proximity and tracking of X-Plane 12.00 expected beta updates and bug fixes. All future updates and fixes of the The VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot': F-19 Stealth Fighter product are free.