This project is
part of the VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' series, designed specifically for use
with X-Plane 11.30+ cutting edge Experimental Flight Model (should be enabled in X-Plane's General Settings menu).
development of the VSKYLABS Flight Design CTLS Project for X-Plane 11
was approved by 'Flight Design GmbH'. Although acknowledged by 'Flight
Design GmbH', it is an independent VSKYLABS project which is not
affiliated and/or endorsed with/by 'Flight Design GmbH'.
The CTLS aircraft is produced by Flight Design of Germany. Produced in 2008, it is a part of Flight Design CT series family. It is a high-wing, tricycle, two seat light sport aircraft. The aircraft built mainly from composite materials construction, having an efficient aerodynamics shape and relatively low weight, allowing to carry high useful loads. It is powered by a Rotax 912 ULS engine. Thanks to its design efficiency, the CTLS is fast, spacious and capable for cross country flights, with a cruise speed of approximately 115 knots, and maximum range of up to 850 nautical miles. Due to its cantilever wing design, the CTLS has no wing struts to obstruct the outside view. Main landing gears are composite constructed as well, designed to absorb hard landings. The CTLS is equipped with a BRS (Ballistic Recovery System) parachute.
- Designed for X-Plane 11.40+ Experimental flight model.
- VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' Project: designed for use with X-Plane 11.30+ cutting edge Experimental flight model environment, featuring a superb flight dynamics with authentic performance and flight handling characteristics.
- Built for VR: development was tailored specifically for VR, and optimized for 2D usage.
- Engineered and designed as a default X-Plane aircraft
(Like all VSKYLABS projects). The VSKYLABS projects are practically
show-casing X-Plane, as they are stretching X-Plane default features,
systems and flight model to its limits without any dependencies on
complementary plugins or software...delivering a very robust simulation
model, having maximum compatibility with the ever evolving X-Plane
- Perfect fit for beginner and expert pilots:
The VSL CTLS is featuring the standard, basic CT VFR + night pack
panel. The simple and clear analog gauges layout is perfect for beginner
pilots. It is also featuring an enhanced panel, which is including the
addition of a notebook-based glass PFD along with a Dynon style AP74 and
HS34 (these are incorporated with simplified, yet functional features).
- Built-in Avitab Plugin Compatibility (AviTab plugin is not included).
- STMA Autoupdater plugin is included
- all updates are being pushed smoothly without the need to re-download
the entire base package (base package will be updated every once in a
while to minimize the gap).
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums:
Professional discussions which results in incorporating users feedback
into the on-going scheduled development plan. Real-pilots inputs (as
well as sim-pilots feedback) are always welcome, and in practice sets
the the VSKYLABS projects within solid, professional margins over time.
- The project is under constant maintenance and development - updates are free.