The Guimbal Cabri G2 is a two-seat helicopter designed by Bruno Guimbal and produced by Hélicoptères Guimbal (France). The G2 initial demonstrator flew in 1992 and entered commercial service in 2008. It received type certification from the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) in December 2007. In 2015 it received type certification from the FAA, and began operations in the US.
The Cabri G2 design was implemented also in the Okra 1200 tactical VTOL drone, developed in a joint effort of Guimbal and EADS and initially presented at the Paris Air Show in 2003.
The development of the VSKYLABS Guimbal Cabri G2 Project for X-Plane 11 was approved by Hélicoptères Guimbal. Although acknowledged by Hélicoptères Guimbal, it is an independent VSKYLABS project which is not affiliated with and/or endorsed by Hélicoptères Guimbal.
The VSKYLABS Guimbal Cabri G2 Project is featuring a fully-configured and functional control suite which is optimized for VR functionality. This means that the cockpit can be operated with maximum comfort and fluency using VR controllers. The VR development process in this project was made with the native VR environment of X-Plane 11.
New version 2.0 Now Available
Project Main Features:
- Designed for X-Plane Experimental flight model.
- Project under constant development: Development plan and evolution are including EVERY aspect of the project (3D modeling and textures, flight dynamics modeling, fmod sounds, interactivity, systems etc...).
- Highly engineered, robust helicopter simulation which pushes X-Plane's out-of-the-box features and flight dynamics model to its extent.
- Highly detailed visualization of the Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter.
- Designed for Virtual Reality experience, including a FULL-VR mode which enables to operate and fly the Cabri without using physical hardware for the pedals.
- Engineered as a 'Native X-Plane aircraft': Maximum X-Plane compatibility without the use of 3rd party plugins or external coding dependencies.
- Day/Night VFR instrumentation.
- Electronic Pilot Monitor (EPM) - Simplified yet authentic and effective EPM display.
- Built in compatibility with the AviTab plugin for 3D and VR AviTab visualization and interaction.
- Optional Experimental/LSA grade autopilot included.
- Perfect for new helicopter pilots and for helicopter conversion for fixed wings aircraft pilots - due to its docile flying characteristics and simple yet effective design features.
- Highly responsive support system/forum.
- The VSKYLABS Guimbal Cabri G2 Project is under constant development. All updates are free.