What is an Ultralight Hang Gliger Trike aircraft?
An ultralight trike aircraft, also known as a flex-wing trike, weight-shift-control aircraft, microlight trike, deltatrike or motorized deltaplane, is a type of powered hang glider using a high-performance Rogallo wing coupled to a propeller-driven three-wheeled undercarriage. While many powered aircraft have three-wheeled landing gear, the term "trike" refers specifically to the form of aircraft described above.
Flight control in a trike is made by weight-shifting; the undercarriage structure is connected to the wing at a hinge-point, and the wing can be tilted in both X and Y axes. While on the ground (takeoff for example), pushing the wing control bar raises the angle of attack of the wing and lift is produced. As the aircraft is airborne, moving the control bar of the wing causes the undercarriage to swift both sideways or back and forth, and a weight-shifting control is achieved.
Thorough instructions, project evolution and design details are available in the project’s page at the VSKYLABS portal.
- Two packages included: X-Plane 11 + X-Plane 10.51.
- Four variants of Hang Glider Trikes are included:
- S-1 - Trike.
- S-1-F - Trike with floats.
- S-3 - Microlight Trike.
- S-4 - Experimental rigid wing weight shifting powered glider.
- Control bar movement simulation with a ‘fly-with-mouse’ feature is included. No changes in X-Plane’s joystick setup is required to enable it.
- Pilot Assist feature: Use a switch to get some help while flying the trike; in real-life, we do lot's of pilot-workload Unconsciously. Main reasons for this is that in real life we have full Peripheral Vision, and we feel the motion of the aircraft instantly, so we do, most of the time (when not distracted), a lot of pilot workload as a "background procedure". The Pilot-Assist feature will ease up the workload (as if you are doing the background workload without noticing it...).
- Toggle Pilot object visibility switch for VR flying.
- Field of view switch for easy setting during flight.
- GNS530 is included.
- Highly responsive support system/forum.
- This is a project which is under constant development. All updates are free.