New: X-Plane 12 Version available at no extra cost! (XP11 version still included)
The Phoenix Air Phoenix is a Czech low-wing, two-seat motor glider, designed and manufactured by Phoenix Air and provided as a complete ready-to-fly aircraft. The Phoenix was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight rules and US light-sport aircraft rules.
The aircraft is certified in the USA as an S-LSA Glider, and imported to the US by Phoenix Air USA.
The aircraft features a cantilever wing, a T-tail, a two-seats-in-side-by-side configuration, enclosed cockpit under a bubble canopy, fixed conventional landing gear and a 100 hp Rotax engine. It is built from composites. Its 15 m span wing can be converted to 11 m by removing the wing tips and installing shorter ones for faster cruise speed when flown as a microlight aircraft.
The Phoenix can be flown for hundreds or thousands of miles with either sets of wings. It is a super-versatile, state of the art light sport aircraft.
New version 6.0
- VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' Project: designed for use with X-Plane cutting edge Experimental flight model environment, featuring a superb flight dynamics with authentic performance and flight handling characteristics.
- Built for VR: development was tailored specifically for VR, and optimized for 2D usage.
- Designed for X-Plane Experimental flight model.
- Engineered and designed as a default X-Plane aircraft (Like all VSKYLABS projects). The VSKYLABS projects are practically show-casing X-Plane, as they are stretching X-Plane default features, systems and flight model to its limits...delivering a very robust simulation model, having maximum compatibility with the ever evolving X-Plane flight simulator.
- Two versions of wings included: The U15 S-LSA aircraft is featuring replaceable wing-tips: ‘Extended’, 15m and short, 11m span. These may be replaced easily in real life, allowing the U15 to be flown as a motor-glider or as a ‘cruiser’ Light Sport Aircraft (a bit faster, higher roll-rate, more maneuverable aircraft). This feature is included in the VSKYLABS U15 Project, which is having two different sets of wing flight-model.
- Built-in Avitab Plugin Compatibility (AviTab plugin is not included).
- STMA Autoupdater plugin is included - all updates are being pushed smoothly without the need to re-download the entire base package (base package will be updated every once in a while to minimize the gap).
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums: Professional discussions which results in incorporating users feedback into the on-going scheduled development plan. Real-pilots inputs (as well as sim-pilots feedback) are always welcome, and in practice sets the the VSKYLABS projects within solid, professional margins over time
- The project is under constant maintenance and development - updates are free.