The Rutan LongEZ aircraft is a high performance home built aircraft, designed by the aerospace legend Burt Rutan back in the 80's. Its compact external size results in superb performance and economy using low horsepower engines.
It is featuring advanced aerodynamics and structure to provide good utility, economy, comfort, simplicity and flight safety. The aircraft uses one of two proven certified aircraft engines, the continental O-200/100 hp and the Lycoming O-235/115 hp (the VSKYLABS Rutan LongEZ is featuring the 115 hp engine).
It has an alternator powered electrical system and equipped with an electric engine starter. Itâ€™s cockpit layout is designed to compliment pilot work load with throttle, mixture, carburetor heat, pitch trim/landing controls on the left side console and a side stick controller on the right console. Seating provides correct armrest, lumbar, thigh and headrest support allowing â€œrecliner chairâ€ comfort which are typically not to be found in conventional aircraft seats. This configurations allows long, fatigue free flights.
Designed for Virtual Reality experience:
The VSKYLABS Rutan LongEZ Project is featuring a fully-configured and functional control suite which is optimized for VR functionality. This means that the cockpit can be operated with maximum comfort and fluency using VR controllers. The VR development process in this project was made with the native VR environment of X-Plane 11.20.
Note: In order to use and enjoy VR environment in X-Plane, user hardware and system specs should meet the required specifications for OS, CPU, GPU, MB and RAM which are specified both in the given VR hardware websites and at X-Plane.com.
Project Main Features:
- The project is designed and engineered around the original 1980 'LONG-EZ Plans' and 'Pilot Operating Handbook' (N79RA). As a result, the VSKYLABS Rutan LongEZ Owner's manual is based on the real LongEZ owner's manual. The manual for the VSKYLABS LongEZ aircraft can be downloaded for free.
- The core of the project is a superb flight dynamics model with authentic aircraft performance and handling characteristics.
- Aeromatic propeller configuration (fully automatic variable pitch propeller).
- Highly detailed and animated aircraft model along with 4K textures.
- VR-READY - Highly detailed and functional 3D cockpit environment.
- FMOD sounds engineered with a 'rough and tough' feel for enhanced flying experience.
- IFR capability.
- Autopilot - Experimental/LSA grade autopilot included.