The Scheibe SF-25C Falke is a German touring motor-glider which flew for the first time in 1963. The two-place powered sailplane is featuring a low wing configuration, an 80hp engine and side by side seating. High performance in its operation range, easy handling, robust construction, reliability of both airframe and engine are the main features of the SF-25C Falke.
It has very easy and pleasant flying characteristics and is docile when stalled. The aircraft has good soaring capabilities with either one or two persons aboard. Takeoffs and landings are easily performed, and effective wing spoilers (air brakes) are provided for effective glide angle control. Good ground handling characteristics is provided with a steerable tail wheel, and visibility is excellent through the blown plexiglass canopy. The SF-25C Falke is a classic motor glider and it is well known as a trainer in clubs around the world.
The VSKYLABS Scheibe SF-25 Project development for X-Plane was approved by Scheibe Aircraft GMBH (although it is an independent VSKYLABS project which is not endorsed and/or affiliated with/by Scheibe Aircraft GMBH). The project is featuring the SF-25 C variant (Falke 2000), which is equipped with a 80 hp engine, driving a two-blade wooden fixed pitch propeller (alternator and electric starter are included).
Designed for Virtual Reality experience:
The VSKYLABS Scheibe SF-25C is the first VSKYLABS design to include a dedicated VR (Virtual Reality) development phase in the design and development process. The aircraft is featuring a fully-configured and functional control suite which is optimized for VR functionality. This means that the cockpit can be operated with maximum comfort and fluency using VR controllers (for 100% VR usage of stick, throttle, spoilers, switches, circuit breakers, levers, handles etc...). The VR development process in this project was made with the native VR environment of X-Plane 11.20.
Note: In order to use and enjoy VR environment in X-Plane, user hardware and system specs should meet the required specifications for OS, CPU, GPU, MB and RAM which are specified both in the given VR hardware websites and at X-Plane.com.
Project Main Features:
- Two models are included : Tail-Dragger and Belly-Wheel variants
- Designed for X-Plane 11.40+ Experimental flight model
- Advanced simulation of the Scheibe SF-25C Touring Motor Glider
- 3D environment designed especially for X-Plane 11 native VR
- Accurate Flight Dynamics Model
- Highly detailed and fully animated 3D cockpit
- Interactive presence (detailed and animated exterior to include wing flex, sprung loaded wing mounted wheels, wing spoilers, canopy, cowl flap, cockpit air vent and more)
- Fully functional GNS 530
- FMOD sound suite
- Now with Tail-Wheel Variant
- Highly responsive support system/forum.
- The VSKYLABS Scheibe SF-25C Project is under constant development. All updates are free.