The Tecnam P2006T is an Italian high-winged, twin-engine all-metal light aircraft built by Costruzioni Aeronautiche Tecnam, which is based in Italy. The P2006T is the lightest twin-engine certified aircraft available, and is a four-seat aircraft with fully retractable landing gear and liquid-cooled Rotax 912 engines.
The P2006T first flew on the 13 September 2007 and was certified by EASA on the 5 June 2009. NASA's all electric X-57 Maxwell prototype aircraft is being developed using a P2006T as its basic structure.
Two Tecnam P2006T included in a single package
- Analog and G1000 variants are sharing the same resources (single folder, two airplanes).
- Designed to be flown using X-Plane 11.30+ experimental flight model
- Exhaust emission position fixed for both engines.
- Engine cooling and radiator remodeled.
- Engine operational limits (CHT, Oil temp) tuned.
- All airfoils updated to the latest X-Plane 11.30+ versions.
- Ground handling tuned.
- Drag characteristics tuned.
- Trim settings and speed tuned.
- Aircraft handling characteristics tuned to allow better high AOA handling with/without flaps.
- Flight performance, handling characteristics and flight envelope deep overhaul:
- Stall speeds (0-60 bank degrees/flaps 0/TO/full).
- Vmca (critical engine).
- Takeoff performance - ground roll (low/gross weight SL and high elevated runways SL-5000 feet AGL).
- Takeoff rate of climb at Vy (gears up/flaps takeoff).
- Takeoff rate of climb at Vx (gears up/flaps takeoff).
- Enroute rate of climb at Vy (gears up/flaps up).
- Enroute rate of climb at Vx (gears up/flaps up).
- Single-engine rate of climb at Vyse (prop feathered).
- Single-engine rate of climb at Vxse (prop feathered).
- Cruise performance (SL/3000ft/6000ft/9000ft/12000ft).
- Landing performance (ground roll (low/gross weight SL and high elevated runways SL-5000 feet AGL).
- Balked landing climb gradient.
consumption - all flight levels, all power settings (various MP and
prop RPM based on Tecnam official data which is existing in the Tecnam
P2006T aircraft POH).
- Autopilot Master switch algorithm redesigned.
- AP Master switch is now the actual master switch for the autopilot system, and it is on top of the autopilot panel switches.
- Electrical system redesign:
- Avionics bus refinements.
- Left+Right buses systems separation.
- Functional buses cross-tie algorithm added.
- Alternators/Generators Amperage limits tuned.
- Lighting system:
- Cockpit lighted switches added (white for the Analog variant, Black for the G1000 variant).
- RH instruments light switch is now functional is it should be, electrical powered, and will switch the light ON/OFF.
- Pre-flight switches state was added and set:
- Fuel tanks selectors in 'cold-and-dark' and in 'engines-running modes'.
- LH/RH Ignition switches.
- Autopilot default state (OFF).
- External lighting.
- AviTab is now not visible by default. Use Custom Slider No.1 to toggle the AviTab appearance in the cockpit.
- Cockpit switches interaction for VR remodeled.
- Hide-yoke touch-zone remodeled (larger, and on both sides).
- STMA AutoUpdater plugin was added.
- Engine damage in excessive working temperatures algorithm was added.
- Landing gears (tires) blow-up algorithm was added, including visualization.
Modeling and texturing:
panel remodeled (Alanog variant) to match real-scale size and
proportions, re-textured with larger text for more clear reading.
- PRB normal maps were added for the fuselage.
- Liveries folder was added.
- Trim-wheel interaction zone fixed in the G1000 variant.
- ADF/Transponder (Analog variant) clearer visualization.