New: X-Plane 12 Version available at no extra cost! (XP11 version still included)
What is an Ultralight Hang Glider Trike aircraft?
An ultralight trike aircraft, also known as a flex-wing trike, weight-shift-control aircraft, microlight trike, deltatrike or motorized deltaplane, is a type of powered hang glider using a high-performance Rogallo wing coupled to a propeller-driven three-wheeled undercarriage. While many powered aircraft have three-wheeled landing gear, the term "trike" refers specifically to the form of aircraft described above.
Flight control in a trike is made by weight-shifting; the undercarriage structure is connected to the wing at a hinge-point, and the wing can be tilted in both X and Y axes. While on the ground (takeoff for example), pushing the wing control bar raises the angle of attack of the wing and lift is produced. As the aircraft is airborne, moving the control bar of the wing causes the undercarriage to swift both sideways or back and forth, and a weight-shifting control is achieved.
Project Main Features:
- VSKYLABS development for X-Plane approved by 'Aeros Ltd' company (however, it is an independent VSKYLABS project, not affiliated and/or endorsed with/by 'Aeros Ltd.')
- High end simulation of the Aeros-2 Ultralight Trike, powered by a Rotax 503 50hp engine.
- Designed with the focus on control and handling characteristics, excellent for basic and advanced hang glider trike training / conversion from fixed wing aircraft.
- Real-Physics, incorporating weight shifting and wing simulation of a hang-glider trike.
- Additional passenger which can be removed, to simulate light vs heavy trike operations.
- Rescue system (Ballistic Magnum 450 system).
- Unique trike flying aspects are being simulated: stalls, slips, spins and tumbling.
The project is under constant maintenance and development - updates are free.
- VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' Project: designed for use with X-Plane 11 cutting edge Experimental flight model environment, featuring a superb flight dynamics with authentic performance and flight handling characteristics.
- Built for VR: development was tailored specifically for VR, and optimized for 2D usage.
- Engineered and designed as a default X-Plane aircraft (Like all VSKYLABS projects). The VSKYLABS projects are practically show-casing X-Plane, as they are stretching X-Plane default features, systems and flight model to its limits...delivering a very robust simulation model, having maximum compatibility with the ever evolving X-Plane flight simulator.
- Pilot / Pilot+passenger configuration: The Aeros-2 is a two-seat trike. The VSKYLABS Aeros-2 is designed to allow single and dual pilot configuration. While flown light, or fully loaded, the VSKYLABS Aeros-2 is demonstrating authentic flight performance and handling characteristics, with realistic CG distribution.
- Built-in Avitab Plugin Compatibility (AviTab plugin is not included).
- STMA Autoupdater plugin is included - all updates are being pushed smoothly without the need to re-download the entire base package (base package will be updated every once in a while to minimize the gap).
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums: Professional discussions which results in incorporating users feedback into the on-going scheduled development plan. Real-pilots inputs (as well as sim-pilots feedback) are always welcome, and in practice sets the the VSKYLABS projects within solid, professional margins over time.