This project is part of the VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' series, designed specifically for use with X-Plane cutting edge Experimental Flight Model (should be enabled in X-Plane's General Settings menu).
The Revolution Mini-500 is an American single seat light helicopter, designed and built in the 90's by Dennis Fetters, as a home-built kit. It is a natural VSKYLABS project selection!
The VSKYLABS development of the Revolution Mini-500 project for X-Plane flight simulator was acknowledged by its real-world designer, Mr. Dennis Fetters, who also contributed several 1st hand reference materials for this project. However, it is an independent VSKYLABS project which is not related, affiliated and/or endorsed with/by the 'Fetters Aerospace Company' and/or Mr. Dennis Fetters.
VSKYLABS development approach for this project for X-Plane 11 was as if it was a real home-built effort, similar to the process done with the VSKYLABS Rutan LongEZ Project, meaning that it is being designed and developed with a practical engineering/experimental approach along with the use of real reference materials and with extensive research behind it.
The project is setting up a highly detailed and highly accurate Mini-500 simulation along with full VR compatibility.
It is a very exciting and unique VSKYLABS project, designed to replicate the initial test-flights and familiarization phase of a new home-built experimental helicopter by its owner.
Project Main Features
- VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' Project.
- Designed for X-Plane Experimental flight model.
- Highly defined flight dynamics model of the Revolution Mini-500.
- Fully functional VR (Virtual Reality) compatibility.
- Multi-Layer FMOD sound pack.
- Unique aspects of the Mini-500 helicopter are simulated and are part of the flying experience by definition: Manual engine/rotor RPM management, low rotor-inertia aspects, in-flight nose tuck during engine-stop, rotor RPM management, retreating blade stall condition (Vne), typical Mast bumping, typical autorotation capability and more.
- The VSKYLABS Test-Pilot: Mini-500 is designed as if it was a real kit-built helicopter, awaiting for it's first test-flight. Was it built exactly as instructed? Will it fly as expected? wow there is only one way to find out!
- You will have to get to know it step by step...or you might get yourself into serious trouble when mistreating it. Mastering the VSKYLABS Mini-500 will sure make you a better helicopter pilot!
- The original pilot's manual was one of the core-materials during development of this project, and the VSKYLABS Mini-500 pilot's manual is built based on it.
- The project is under constant development.
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums.