This is a package containing two variants of the VAN's RV-8:
- VAN's RV8A Tri-Gear
- VAN's RV8 Tail Gear
The RV-8 is equipped with conventional landing gear, while the RV-8A version features tricycle landing gear.
The RV-8 is a tandem two-seat, single-engine, low-wing homebuilt aircraft sold in kit form by Van's Aircraft. It has a baggage compartment in the nose, between the cockpit and the engine firewall and room behind the back seat for additional baggage. These features, 174 knot (200 mph) cruise speed and stable handling make it a nice cross country traveling machine as well.
The plane is powered by a 200 hp Lycoming gas powered piston engine and has a two blade constant speed propeller. Throttle, prop and mixture controls fall easily under your left hand while your right handle holds a center control
stick. The RV-8 feels like a WWII fighter as you sit under a clear plexiglas sliding bubble canopy.
- Accurate flight model
- Detailed cockpit and exterior with animations, manipulators and PBR textures
- Custom particles emitters
- Customized Garmin G1000 PFD and MFD
- FMOD Sounds
- Ground equipment
- Animated pilot
- Dynamic pilot POV camera options (non VR mode)
- Automatic AI plane tracking pilot POV camera capability (non VR mode)
Included in the package
- 5 HD liveries + more than 20 liveries available on www.x-plane.org
- Comprehensive User Guide
- Photoshop Paintkit