Fourth part of 3D Dolomites: Western Dolomites
The scenery is entirely included in grade + 46 + 011 and is the fourth in a series of 5 sequential scenaries that will include all the Dolomites.
This fourth part comprises a territory of about 1200 sq km in the western part of the Dolomites.
It includes two small airports that will challenge your approach skills.
All the Dolomites of this area have been reproduced in 3D, Sciliar, Catinaccio, Latemar, Sassolungo, Sella, Puez, Sassonger, Odle, Putia, Tullen
which are added to the Dolomites of the previous sceneries, for a total of 53 3D models reconstructed.
- 1200 sq. Km of scenic Mountain Scenery
- Corvara Airport (XLIDO) and Locher-Airfield (XLILU) with14 Heliports in strategic sites. Locher Airfield is a small airport, built on a steep slope, with an underground Hangar. Particular construction difficulty because not represented in the base mesh.
- Many valleys: Cembra,Fiemme, Fassa, Badia, Gardena, Siusi, Ega, Funes... Over 30,000 buildings positioned, with many buildings rebuilt.
- 10 3D models and groups: Sella Group, Sassolungo, Catinaccio Group, Latemar, Sciliar, Odle, ...
- All the vegetation mapped
- Inserted hundreds of polygons / textures to reproduce the photo-realistic terrain
- Reproduced the main lift-plants, in particular the Pordoi Sass..
- Reproduced all the main refuges in the area: Val Gardena, Roda di Vael, Vajolet,Principe, Alpe di Tires, Bolzano, Capanna Fassa, Boè, Contrin, Antermoia, ...
- Take off and landing complicated but also possible with Pilatus (see youtube video of Challenging Locher Sarentino Airfield approach)
The fourth part connects to the third and second (Belluno - Cortina) in the South-East area.