The Cherokee 140 PA28-140 is reported to be the fourth most produced aircraft in history and is still in use for flight training and personal aviation to this day.
The vFlyteAir version of the Cherokee 140 is a 150HP four-seat airplane with a conventional normally aspirated piston engine and fixed tricycle gear.
vFlyteAir has updated the Cherokee 140 with an upgraded interior and your choice of three different instrument panel configurations, including the default panel which features an Aspen E5 PFD/MFD instrument coupled with a Bendix/King KFC 230 touch-screen autopilot. For those who prefer analog instrumentation, select Panel Option 2 from the options to fly with a conventional HSI instead of the Aspen E5. Or, choose the old-school VFR panel (Panel Option 3) with minimal instrumentation to practice your VFR flying and simple VOR navigation.
This new version is specifically for X-Plane 12 and is not compatible with older versions of X-Plane.
- Rebuilt and re-engineered for X-Plane 12
- Pop-up interactive Options menu, dynamic Load Manager menu and Check Lists menu
- Three selectable instrument panel configurations ("glass" panel, analog panel and traditional "trainer" panel)
- Automatic integrated support for the optional RealityXP GTN 650 plugin or the RealityXP GNS430 plugin
- Guided, interactive pre-flight walk-around inspection with pop-up check lists. Visually check your fuel and oil levels! Remove wheel chocks and cowl plugs during the walk-around.
- Selectable pilot gender - copilot will be the opposite gender of the pilot
- Gauge glass and window glass can be hidden
- Custom shake and vibration effects - airfame and control surfaces shake when engine is running, when approaching a stall condition and upon touch-down
- Realistic engine start - if turned ON, requires pilot to follow the Cherokee 140 POH procedures for cold and hot engine startup
- Passengers can be hidden during flight if desired
- Automatic support for optional AviTab plugin
- Selectable wheel pants - if installed, the wheel pants reduce drag slightly
- Start From Cold & Dark option available on the Options menu
- Optional transparent yokes - if turned ON, the pilot and copilot yokes appear as see-through for a better view of the instrument panel
- Custom Tow Bar option - use the Tow Bar to push/pull and turn the airplane into your hanger!
- Quick Livery Change - quickly select a new livery from the Options menu
- Dynamic Load Manager menu allows the pilot to select pilot and passengers weights and add or remove fuel. A dynamic Center of Gravity chart shows your current loading.
- Optional Rear Seat - on the Load Manager menu, click on the rear bench seat to install it and to add a rear passenger
- Check Lists Menu allows the pilot to view the Piper PA28-140 check lists for all normal phases of flight
- Pop-up versions of the Aspen E5, Bendix/King KFC 230 autopilot and the AXP 340 transponder available by clicking on the instruments
- FMOD 2 Sound Effects - spatial 3D sounds and Doppler effects have been re-produced for compatibility with X-Plane 12
- PBR textures - re-produced for X-Plane 12 compatibility
- Full high-resolution textures for all interior and exterior objects
- 3D Rain and Ice effects
- Full support for Virtual Reality
- 12 different liveries included - instrument panel tail number placard is updated with each livery change
- New updated Paint Kit available
- Updates are automated using the Skunkcrafts Auto-Updater (available here for free).