Version 1.11 (July 24th 2019)
- Brightness slider.
- Contrast slider.
- Vibrance slider.
- Gamma slider.
- Button to close the Briefing window.
- Control water waves checkbox.
- Noise mixing law for cumulus clouds.
- Noise mixing law for cumulonimbus clouds.
- Coverage procedures adjusted to match new cloud laws.
- Basic volume sampling optimization.
- Cloud Settings changed to Rendering Settings.
- Simple preset changed to Natural.
- Full preset changed to Vivid.
- Settings window controls and elements positions.
- In cloud effect checkbox.
Version 1.10 (June 2nd 2019)
- Maximum ozone level slider.
- Volume rendered clouds.
- Maximum intensity slider.
- Blur level slider.
- Reduce surface crosswind checkbox added.
- New alternative sun glare.
- Checkbox to display or remove diffraction spikes.
- Camera blue filter slider.
- Draw default night sky checkbox.
- Parameters for water waves adjusted to match current weather.
- Dynamic snow coverage in the mountain areas.
- Dynamic surface snow coverage.
- Dark airport surface when wet.
- Maximum snow coverage slider.
- Wet aerodrome surface effect checkbox.
- Draw snow in mountains checkbox.
- Volume shadows for haze.
- Automatic server selection based on response time.
- Calculations for scattering, perspective and optical depth have been separated.
- The entire scene lighting is now calculated dynamically for the key points.
- Scenery albedo now dynamically adjusted for a better environment representation.
- Low level haze scattering calculation allows variable particle size.
- Turbulence slider now controls the average amount of flow disturbance.
- ALOFT data format has been changed, sampling rate increased, vorticity data added.
- Airport lights range has been adjusted to match the actual visibility range.
- New rain effect.
- New snow effect.
- Rain and snow affected by aircraft lights.
- Volumetric landing and taxi light beams.
- Default surface drifting snow removed at runtime.
- Separate windshield effects for rain and snow conditions.
- Windshield effect now displays reflective raindrops.
- Combined atmosphere shader adjusted to hide the DSF edge.
- Database update has been moved to the separate thread.
- Resolution slider has been removed.
- Complexity slider has been removed.
- Reflections range slider has been removed.
- Detailed range slider has been removed.
- Maximum drawing distance slider removed.
- Post processing checkbox removed.
- Remove scenery shadows under overcast checkbox removed.
- Billboard clouds have been completely removed.
- Crepuscular rays temporary removed.
- Draw crepuscular rays checkbox has been removed.
- Camera shift slider removed.
- Assymetric projection matrix applied to the cockpit camera.
- Camera zoom is now correct.
- Early low resolution depth test has been removed to allow full resolution depth test.
- Aircraft is no more in the shadow above the cloud layer.
### [Known issues]
- Precipitation follows camera
- Unnatural cloud formations at high levels or squared sectors of clouds
- Snow coverage may appear in the regions where no snowfall encountered recently
- Default X-Plane night triggers lights artifacts
Version 1.09 (April 17th 2018)
- Cloud shadows
- Checkbox to display crepuscular rays
- Crepuscular rays
- Blending for overcast layer adjusted to avoid early terrain clipping
- Cloud shadows distance slider removed
Version 1.08 (April 15th )
Complete rewrite. v1.08 is still new, if you have issues you can still use v1.07.
[Known issues with 1.08]
- Freezing during initial start up
- Camera zoom is not supported by the volume rendered atmosphere.
- Incorrect camera angle inside 3D cockpit.
- Rough objects edges at mid and low resolutions
- Cloud and atmosphere resolution slider.
- Cloud complexity slider to adjust the amount of detailed cloud puffs.
- New, volume rendered atmosphere.
- Rain intensity dataref.
- Snow intensity dataref.
- Terrain surface condition dataref.
- Windshield precipitation effect and corresponding checkbox added.
- Post-processing shader is back.
- Sun glare.
- Camera lens flare effect.
- Checkbox to display or remove lens flare effect.
- Seasonal data now calculated and accumulated on the server.
- Terrain surface condition data now calculated and accumulated on the server.
- xEnviro now publishes seasonal data for the scenery developers. Details can be found in the SDK.
- Moon with position and phase based on the current system date and time.
- Turbulence model adjusted to have less evenly distributed areas of the same air velocity.
- DSF drawing distance has been increased to hide sharp visible edge under the distant haze coverage.
- Maximum haze blending distance adjusted to hide the DSF edge.
- Cloud texture map have been changed to include only the basic shapes allowing for more cloud varieties.
- Cloud shadow and tone maps have been moved to the separate cloud noise texture.
- Cloud transparency model is now based on the noise chart. Clouds will grow up more naturally and solid clouds will not be transparent anymore.
- Cloud shapes and forms are based on dynamic flow noise with smooth animation and transformation.
- Haze model adjusted to match all the calculated turbidity levels.
- Plugin architecture has been re-arranged for deferred rendering.
- X-Plane internal visibility limit adjusted to hide distant lights in low visibility conditions.
- X-Plane scattering level slider removed.
- Minimum drawing distance slider removed. This distance now set in the middle between detailed and maximum drawing distances.
- Cloud brightness slider. Cloud brightness is fully controlled by scattering and light equations.
- Cloud shadows temporary removed.
- Old, based on layers, atmosphere has been removed.
- Upper atmosphere checkbox.
- Lower atmosphere checkbox.
- City lights temporary removed.
- Surface friction procedures amended to avoid aircraft sliding.
- Scenery lights no more visible through the clouds.
Version 1.07 (September 16th 2017)
- Weather Briefing window added. Displays METAR for 20 nearby stations.
- General status dataref.
- Dataref for the weather radar data (precipitation echo).
- Maximum wind speed now set in Knots.
- Wind distribution has been changed to improve ATC reliability.
- Blending adjusted to remove visible line of the ground mesh edge.
- Internal representation of the weather is now based on voxel arrays.
- Atmosphere colors adjusted to match X-Plane 11 light model.
- Rain color and blending adjusted to match X-Plane 11 light model.
- X-Plane implemented ball mark for the selected menu entry. Temporary * removed.
- X-Plane fog cutoff slider removed.
- Water reflection for haze added.
- Wininet exception handling code has been corrected. No more crashes hopefully.
- Surface friction procedures amended to avoid spontaneous aircraft sliding.