xOrganizer helps you manage your:
- X-Plane preferences
xOrganizer does this by helping you with:
- Maintaining the right scenery order (scenery_packs.ini)
- Overviews, especially handy if you have collected a lot of stuff
- Preventing conflicts between scenery packages and between plugins/scripts
- Setting up X-Plane for a specific type of flight, but also for instance for VR versus monitor setup
- Increase X-Plane performance and load time by disabling content
One of the more difficult tasks managing your X-Plane installation is keeping the right order for your scenery.
xOrganizer uses several methods to automatically determine the type of scenery and help you create the right order.
For beginners AND advanced users
Although xOrganizer helps beginners a lot, xOrganizer is also a powerful tool for advanced users. Anything you can do
manually can be done with xOrganizer, but much quicker and easier! Furthermore, xOrganizer offers a lot of
detailed information on the contents of X-Plane files.
- Automatically sorted per continent/country
- Automatic check on the contents of scenery packages
- Select scenery packages with the help of map tiles or flight plan
- Check for missing or outdated libraries
- View the coverage of your scenery on a map
- View airports included in the packages (also on the map) and find duplicate/conflicting airports
- View extra features included in the packages (Living Scenery Technology (LST), SAM, AutoGate, etc)
- Automatically sorted per type/function
- Automatic check on missing plugin files (Win/Mac/Lin XPL files)
- X-Plane log (useful in case of problems)
- Scenery_packs.ini file
- X-Plane preferences (when using this XO module to swap preference files)
- User profiles for scenery, plugins/scripts, X-Plane preferences and aircraft
- Start X-Plane with a shortcut using preselected xOrganizer profiles
- Check for bad shortcuts, symlinks and junctions (not detected by X-Plane)
- Keep track of versions and download locations of your scenery packages, plugins/scripts
- Export to a spreadsheet
- Automatic and manual scaling for large displays + dark skins
How xOrganizer and xToolbox (sold separately) work together
xToolbox is a perfect companion for xOrganizer:
xOrganizer helps you organize your X-Plane installation, in such a way that you exactly see and experience the content (scenery, plugins/scripts, preferences and aircraft) you want when you run X-Plane. xOrganizer will read any linked content, but will not by itself look outside the actual X-Plane folder.
xToolbox helps you link content outside the X-Plane folder (usually another disk) to the X-Plane folder. Furthermore it can help with renaming, checking and changing scenery folders, regardless of the actual location (inside or outside the X-Plane folder).