KTNP- Twentynine Palms (formerly known as Twenty-Nine Palms) was named for the palm trees found there in 1852 by Col. Henry Washington.Located in the Mojave Desert, California, dry climate, palm trees, shrubs and sand as far as the eye can see characterize Twentynine Palms Airport and its vicinity.
Twentynine Palms Airport is the first project of the scenery development company 29Palms Scenery Design and JaraNet for X-Plane 10.
They have set a whole new level of detail and realism with this scenery, based on many references from the real airport. Along with a huge library of high quality 3D objects, the software forms the basis for all prospective 29Palms sceneries. Covering over 250km² with high resolution satellite imagery, the scenery provides a lot to explore.
What are you waiting for? Pick one of the big hubs and head over to Twentynine Palms. The desert awaits you!
- Highly detailed rendition of Twentynine Palms Airport (KTNP), California
- Complete coverage of over 250km² with high resolution satellite imagery (0.25-0.6m/px)
- Realistic shadow rendition on lots of 3D objects by „texture baking“
- X-Plane HDR Lights
- High resolution day and night textures (2048px²)
- Realistic rendition of light sources on all 3D objects and ground by „baked lighting“
- Over 100.000 hand-placed and custom made vegetation objects
- Complete reconstruction of airport’s lighting equipment
- Animated car traffic
- Numerous custom made static objects and aircrafts around the airport
- Compatible with HD-Mesh V3 by Andras Fabian
- Excellent performance with high frame rates due to optimizations