The Lancair Legacy is a two-seat single-engine light aircraft marketed in kit form, which is now out of production. It evolved from the Lancair 235/320 series, but with a larger fuselage and more powerful engine, and like them, is a low-winged monoplane of composite construction, with side-by-side seating in an enclosed cockpit.
They are efficient in speed, space, and economy.
The RG variant features a retractable gear.
- Highly detailed 3D model interior and exterior
- PBR 4K textures
- High quality FMOD sounds from Daniela Rodríguez Careri, based on custom recordings from Legacy reg. N637PG
- High accuracy flight model by X-Aerodynamics (tuned for experimental flight model)
- Real and custom 4K liveries with assorted interiors
- Stock but highly realistic GNS530
- Native support of RXP GTN750 in replacement of GNS530+SL70 (Windows only, separate product needed)
- Continental IO-550 310hp engine
- VR ready
Custom-coded SASL instruments:
- Avidyne EXP5000 EFIS
- Avidyne DFC90 Autopilot
- J.P. Instruments VM1000C engine management system
- Mountain High EDS-2ip oxygen system
- A.F.S. AOA Pro angle of attack indicator
- Garmin SL30 COM/NAV
- Apollo SL70 Transponder
- Aerospace Logic CO200 digital clock
- Mid-Continent MD302 Standby Attitude Module
- Full-mode FMOD aircraft (no legacy/default sounds)
- Full Continental IO-550 simulation (separate combustion, prop, starter, exhaust sounds).
- Accurate doppler, distance attenuation and flyby effects.
- Aviation headset simulation based on binaural recordings.
- Oxygen system sounds (mask donning, breathing for both pilot and copilot)
- Custom ambiance sounds (rain, skid, rolling on different surfaces, strut compression, airframe shaking).
- Dynamic airflow effects on extreme manoeuvres and airframe stress on high Gs.
- Custom radio sounds (morse, markers)
- Canopy airflow simulation (if you don't follow proper canopy procedures!)
- Based on actual recordings and references from a custom built real life Lancair Legacy.
- Tested intensively in VR for maximum immersion