Seward Airport is a state-owned, public-use airport located two nautical miles (2.3 miles; 3.7 km) northeast of the central business district of Seward, a city in Kenai Peninsula Borough of the U.S. state of Alaska. It has two asphalt paved runways.
The airport was built during World War II. It was named Walseth Air Force Base and was closed by the United States Air Force in April 1947. It was excessed to the War Assets Administration and taken over by the Territory of Alaska.
The airport previously had scheduled passenger service to Anchorage (ANC) provided by several commuter air carriers over the years but does not have airline flights at the present time.
This airport was the first my work for the flight sim community in 2015. Now 7 years later, we are pleased to present this airport for a new generation of flight simulators in incredible quality. It was the first airport, but we hope not the last.
Custom Ortho4XP tile is available for download. Link in the manual.
- The most detailed replica of airport buildings and vehicles
- High resolution ground textures / Custom runway textures
- High resolution building textures
- Handplaced custom autogen buildings and forest
- Compatible with X-Plane 11 features
- Custom mesh for the airport area (Ortho4XP)
- All materials created for full PBR
- Shading and occlusion (texture baking) effects on all airport buildings
- High-resolution building textures
- Custom orthophoto for the airport and surrounding areas
- World Traffic 3 compatible
- Compatible with with Ortho4XP and default mesh