Version 1.0.8928 (March 9th 2020)
(Minor revision of 8908 to fix some model errors)
A new feature has been added to make it easier to find out what runways are in use by Traffic Global for the AI. A new pseudo-ATC call has been added, default hotkey "End", which will use your current active radio frequency (i.e. COM1/COM2 as selected) to find the nearest airport listening on that frequency and tell you the current wind, anticipated arrival and departure runways (arrival if you are airborne, departure if you are on the ground), and will reserve and clear a parking slot for you if you are airborne. Although this is done is pseudo-ATC speech IT IS NOT A FULL ATC SYSTEM :)
This release is also the first release for the Apple Mac.
For Windows, simply run the installer. There is no need to manually uninstall beforehand. For Mac, please remove the "Aircraft/Traffic Global" folder before unarchiving since aircraft names may change over time, and unpacking an archive does not remove files that should no longer exist.
Many other plugins have been tested as part of this update. There are no known compatibility problems with any of the following:
124thATC, A-Better-Circle, Autogate, AviTab, BetterPushback, JoinFS, Gizmo64, TerrainRadar, SAM, xEnviro, X-ATC-Chatter, XPForce.
Please note that some versions of xPilot crash X-Plane on startup if Traffic Global is installed and TCAS enabled, due to incorrect shutdown of xPilot when it detects that the TCAS system is already in use.
Transitions between certain go-around/circuit legs are not smooth.
Airports with poorly-defined taxi routes may still use unnecessarily sharp corners.
If you are using an external weather engine such as xEnviro, correct weather may not be set for a minute or so after the simulator starts. This will affect runway-in-use for aircraft initialised during this period.
The custom map layers will re-enable themselves if you disable them, each time X-Plane loads new scenery. This is X-Plane bug XPD-10498 and can not be worked around.
Custom views do not respond correctly in VR. This is X-Plane bug XPD-10412.
If very few aircraft are nearby, additional false aircraft are reported via TCAS. This is X-Plane bug XPD-10434.
Changes in this version:
- Add an optional legend to the flight plan view.
- Fix some minor timing issues which may cause strange AI movement
- Fix timing and improve duration of engine spool-up/down sounds.
- Remove some useless warnings from the X-Plane logfile.
- Reduce likelihood of sudden turns during pushback.
- Force-map Doha airport from OTBD to OTHH since X-Plane still has DOH mapped to OTBD.
- Force-map Istanbul airport IATA/ICAO codes to override X-Plane's data which is out of date.
- Add a small variation to departure times to avoid a row of aircraft all moving at precisely the same time.
- Small fixes for wheel rotation animations.
- Fix for nested, scaled, animated translations in the model converter
- When scanning for alternative aircraft don't bother checking the base model twice.
- Add AT7 to aircraft equivalency list with ATR and AT4.
- When finding alternative aircraft, also try airline names with "Airlines", "Airways", "Air", "Aviation" and "Aereas" appended.
- Fix bug which might result in double-freeing locations immediately after parking.
- Minor edits to two airline names
- Add basic radio-based information about active runway and parking.
- Aircraft substitution may not always find a valid aircraft if the sought airline is completely unrecognised.
- Enable dual-runway operation at airports that would suit it but which are misconfigured.
- Potential fix for a rare random crash.
- Always remove a parked AI aircraft if the player requests parking.
- Work around several airport data issues to include more in the database.
- Potential fix for a rare crash
- Add runway-in-use info to the Flight Plan display
- Animations were often not being reset when time was moved backwards.
- Fix animations including resting pitch being wrong after manually moving time backwards.
- Keep the nav lights on unless the aircraft is fully parked.
- Add EULA for the Mac version
- Stop AI-centered views switching themselves off under some conditions when external weather engines are installed.
- Add a guess at which module caused a crash for Windows.
- Change displayed units from meters to feet to be consistent.
- Some corrections for the German translation.
- Add an option to select between metric or imperial units.
- Handle different transparencies on the same texture in model converter.
- Add temporary monocolour substitute for separate glass texture.
- Change pitch on approach and landing
- Slave computers would not reconnect if the plugin was disabled then re-enabled.
- Build dataref arrays on the background thread to remove framerate drop when in use by other plugins.
- Adjust approach and landing profiles when approaching against the active flow.
- Show the glideslope in more detail after approach 80% complete.
- Improvements to landing profiles
- Merge weather changes slowly to minimise active runway changes
- Prefer purpose-specific parking slots over those with no purpose restrictions.
- Fix sudden jump in speed after wheel retract under some circumstances
- Updated French translations
- Fix units for several particle effects
- Add missing translation key for "Online Help"
- Correct description of runway selection keys for runway-to-aircraft view
- Fix a number of textures
- Fix a number of eagle-claw animations
- Partial fix for Dash-8 propellers, pending actual model updates
- Change the module name from '64\win.xpl' to 'win_x64\Traffic Global.xpl' in line with the current recommendations.
- Compatibility fix for librain in VR.
- Add option to totally remove map layers.
- Correct the spatial cell index count in the BGL.
- Add about 50 more airline records.
- Validation options in debug mode.
- Add a workaround for X-Plane bug XPD-10497, a random crash when drawing the map after new scenery has loaded.
- Support CPUs older than 2011.
- Disable the folder browser in the installer when updating to a new version.