This release is a collection of fixes and improvements gathered since the previous release, and the addition of improved support for real-world weather including direct integration with ActiveSky XP. There are no schedule changes since the previous release since it does not make sense to update to current schedules with international flights being so affected at present.
There is also a readme "Resources\plugins\Traffic Global\Resources\AIFP Readme.txt", with details of some new features to help AIFP users create new schedule files. This was added last-minute so is not in the full manual.
For Windows, simply run the installer. There is no need to manually uninstall beforehand. For Mac, please remove the "Aircraft/Traffic Global" folder before unarchiving since aircraft names may change over time, and unpacking an archive does not remove files that should no longer exist.
If you have replaced your traffic file (.BGL) you will need to check the replacement for yourself; the traffic file changes with almost every release and will be updated or replaced if it is changed or missing.
This build has been tested against X-Plane 11.51, the latest available at time of writing, and works against each in both OpenGL and Vulkan/Metal modes on both Mac and Windows.
Many other plugins have been tested as part of this update. There are no known compatibility problems with current versions of any of the following:
124thATC, A-Better-Camera, Autogate, AviTab, BetterPushback, JoinFS, Gizmo64*, SAM, TerrainRadar, xEnviro, ActiveSky XP*, X-ATC-Chatter, X-Camera*, XPForce.
Please note that some versions of xPilot crash X-Plane on startup if Traffic Global is installed and TCAS enabled, due to incorrect shutdown of xPilot when it detects that the TCAS system is already in use.
ActiveSky XP v7414 causes a crash if used with X-Plane 11.50b7 or higher when TCAS is enabled. Version 7467 or better should be used.
Integration with SAM for active jetways requires SAM 2.0.8 or higher.
X-Camera 2.4 unintentionally disables certain custom cameras provided by other plugins including Traffic Global. A fix for this - 2.4.1 beta 2 - is already available.
A-Better-Camera v1.3b3 (now released) is required for users who are using this version of TGXP with Vulkan and the latest XP11.50 betas.
Many versions of XPUIPC are known to cause crashes, especially but not exclusively when TCAS is enabled, due to changes in the way that X-Plane supports TCAS. This is NOT a problem in Traffic Global.
- If you are using an external weather engine such as xEnviro, correct weather may not be set for a minute or so after the simulator starts. This will affect runway-in-use for aircraft initialised during this period.
- Custom views do not respond correctly in VR. This is X-Plane bug XPD-10412.
- Replays are not loaded or saved due to restrictions with X-Plane.
- Aircraft animations are not correct during replay. This is X-Plane bug ???-?????.
- The custom map layers will re-enable themselves if you disable them, each time X-Plane loads new scenery. This is X-Plane bug XPD-10498 and is fixed in X-Plane 11.50.
- If very few aircraft are nearby, additional false aircraft are reported via TCAS. This is X-Plane bug XPD-10434 and is fixed in X-Plane 11.50.
Changes in this release:
- Fix a rare crash when removing aircraft types
- AI were not appearing on X-Plane's map if map integration was disabled
- Add simple weight-based rules for tail numbers in Germany with possibility to add more later
- Add ability to exclude specific aircraft and easier setup for AIFP.
- Register X-Plane map layers if TG is disabled and re-enabled.
- Updated German translation
- Fix tuning of 8.33KHz airport frequencies from 25KHz radios
- Fix performance drop with Flight Factor A350 and potentially others
- Add option to disable Traffic Global when the "RELEASE_AIRCRAFT" message is received from another plugin instead of just disabling TCAS
- Fix a rare crash when calculating taxi routes
- Change the radiobutton appearance slightly to make it more different from switches.
- Several aircraft types had incorrect wingspans affecting where they could park.
- Enable/disable network settings if the dialog is open when the PC is switched between master/slave config.
- Fix rare potential crash when loading certain airports
- Many airliners had incorrect 'heavy' designation
- Parking reservations may not be updated fast enough after moving aircraft to a new airport.
- Aircraft may be created on go-around instead of simply further along the route when congested airports are populated.
- Don't adjust the traffic density if the AI thread is getting 60FPS or more, even if the visual FPS is way higher.
- Add on-screen indication of SAM and ActiveSkyXP status in Extended Info
- After doing a full traffic reset, also clear all airport weather to allow flow changes to happen instantly.
- Taxying airline traffic are better distributed on initial startup.
- Fix a potential crash when radio-calling airports removed due to having no parking or runways
- Performance improvement when drawing labels
- Use ActiveSkyXP weather when appropriate
- Optionally read METAR from disk when real-world weather is selected and ASXP isn't running
- Add keyboard shortcut to fully reset traffic
- Add ability to type an ICAO code into the flight plan view to zoom to that airport if it's nearby.
- Gear-up animations have different durations per aircraft type
- Fix duration of many gear-down animations
- Stop GA potentially using airline parking when assigned on the first frame.
- Flow arrows on the flightplan window would not change when the flow changed, until the view magnification was changed.
- Add on-course headings for runways to flightplan view.
- Improved workaround for multiple runways having no preference/on-course heading differences
- Use icons instead of dots on the flightplan view.
- Make labels work in VR (Windows only)
- Fix a number of seemingly random crashes
- Reset GL point size after use to help other plugins that only set it on initialisation
- A configured replay buffer would always be 1Gb after restarting X-Plane
- Could rarely have a corrupt start-time and altitude when creating GA flights
- Fix occasional planes moving in a straight line at strange angles even in pause mode, after the sim has been running for some time
- Write out a dummy flight school file if none exists.
- Fix networked external visuals continually resetting
- Fix Cessna Grand Caravan having lights offset from model centre
- Add new dialog to customise GA generation settings
- Try to reconnect to external PCs that couldn't initially be connected.
- Pilots of non-prop GA aircraft (jet, turboprop) have significantly higher skill levels and so are more likely to fly at night or in bad weather.
- Add Escape as a hotkey to all windows to close them.
- Allow windows to be opened/closed using the mapped key even if a window currently has keyboard focus
- Aircraft taxying out to a runway with a displaced threshold and multiple viable entrances could under some circumstances make the final leg of the route unusable for other aircraft.
- Aircraft on go-around will clear the runway line sooner
- Allow aircraft on runways to taxi faster
- Airborne GA were located too close to airports when the sim started
- Taxying aircraft could get too close on 90 degree corners
- Aircraft on runway exit legs are waiting even though they're heading away from the runway.
- Aircraft are still waiting for others directly above the runway on go-around.
- Add radar option to exclude aircraft on the ground
- Aircraft on departure or go-around could occasionally force landing aircraft to go-around even if the runway was clear
- Reset button on the Label Config dialog did not reset ranges or colour.
- Circuit direction (i.e. left-hand or right-hand) could be incorrect under certain wind conditions at multi-runway airports